Friday, December 14, 2012

A Very Small Miracle

I was thinking what I should right but then I couldn't think of anything. Then, I went to my favorite diner to get something to eat. I was distressed about not finding anybody.

Would anyone truely love me?
Why do I keep meeting guys only interested in sex?

And I kept getting discouraged, looking down at my plate, and looking to the right of me self-conciously because a man was sitting there reading his paper. I wondered if he was looking at me.
If he was, I concluded, it wasn't in the way I wanted. He tried to engage me once asking me if I needed the syrup for my pancakes. I told him I didn't and he left me alone.

Then, out of nowhere a middle-aged hispanic man comes in and says "God bless you all." His face is calm and his voice unwavering. He continued to hand everyone little religious pamphlets until the manager of the diner showed her disaproval.

All the other customers were disgruntled after he left. The manager felt the need to apologize to everyone. They took the pamphlet to be kind and some were annoyed. We live in a culture that despises religion, especially Christianity. The pamphlet was titled "You Have an Appointment with Death". It was a call for anyone who asks to lead a life of following Jesus Christ.

Although the man did not know me, he couldn't have, I felt as though God directed this message to me so tha I would not give up and so that I would stand for what I believe in.

The clerk behind the counter asked me, "Do you want me to get rid of that for you?"
I told her, "No, really, I'm fine."

I paid for my meal and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment